What inspires you about being a business owner?
WHAT WAS THE CATALYST FOR YOU TO OPEN YOUR BUSINESS?
Owner: Sondra (She/Her)
Freedom & flexibility. I’m a single mom of 4 kids with no family to help, and I needed something that allowed me to be home with them when they needed me. I was tired of being reprimanded for putting my kids first, and I was miserable working for someone else.
What is a struggle you overcame?
WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE F0R BETTIES WHO MAY BE GOING THROUGH A SIMILAR SITUATION?
I started my business after having my 4th baby and raised both simultaneously on my own, with very little help. I went from broke AF, living in my parents basement, to paying myself nearly 6 figures in 3 years, and I’m about to buy my kids and myself a house this summer.
Some things I attribute to my success are:
- Practicing The Miracle Morning as consistently as possible (it’s a morning practice that I learned of from the book The Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod)
- Learning about Manifestation, the law of attraction and abundance, really shifting my mindset.
- LOTS of personal development books, my top 3 favorites are You Are A Badass, by Jen Sincero (I read this at least once a year), You Are A Badass At Making Money, also by Jen, Get Rich Lucky Bitch, by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Finding a good support system and REALLY leaning into them in times of struggle or imposter syndrome!
- Finding an amazing mentor that has done exactly what I want to do in business and following her advice.
- Forgiveness work (ho’oponopono is amazing), lots of Reiki, and learning to release money blocks.
- And most importantly, believing in myself! Don’t be afraid to INVEST in yourself and your business, that money WILL come back to you
what is one way you enjoy taking care of yourself outside of your business?
I need to get better at this! 😬 I practice The Miracle Morning as consistently as I can, and take baths regularly lol. But I want to start taking care of myself more by exercising regularly and getting into therapy.
How do you currently help the local community?
My mission is to empower women to fall in love with themselves and step into their power. I really believe in the ripple effect and feel that each woman I empower creates a positive change in everyone’s lives she touches. I want women to feel strong enough to stand on their own so they don’t feel like they need someone else in their life, especially someone that doesn’t treat them well. It is my dream to end domestic violence by showing enough women (and the ripple effect) that they are worthy and powerful and that they can absolutely walk away from someone that tries to make them feel less than the amazing badass they are!
what's a gift you would recommend from your shop?
A boudoir session (that’s all I offer lol)
ready to book?
70% off session fee ($500 value for $149)
when you mention BBP during your consultation.